Technological Advancements Are Made Here.
Funding required: $100 million
The future of healthcare is about making it easier for patients to navigate the complexity of the health system, and to get the right care, at the right place, at the right time. Already a digital health leader in Quebec and a model for other hospitals, we maximize technology to increase access and improve outcomes. We have lived the maxim that virtual care is the next frontier in care, and we have learned from it.
To support the JGH’s vision as a global pioneer in providing excellent care, everywhere, we have launched key initiatives, including:
- Establishing the first Digital Health Officer and department in Quebec
- Developing the Connected Health Record initiative
- Creating a state-of-the-art Command Centre to monitor and manage patient flow throughout the hospital and our health network
- Launching the Hospital@ Home initiative
Research & Innovation
Groundbreaking Innovations Are Made Here.
Funding required: $125 million
Advanced technologies are driving earlier and more precise diagnoses, personalized treatments, and new hope for many diseases. The JGH’s Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research (LDI) has been at the forefront of these discoveries for decades. The Institute is unique as an integral part of the JGH with strong academic links to McGill University, with all investigators having university appointments.
To unleash the LDI’s potential as Quebec’s premier centre for healthcare research and innovation, this campaign will support:
- Building a state-of-the-art home for research
- Creating a Centre for Digital Health and Applied Precision Medicine
- Investing in exceptional researchers and projects
Facilities & Equipment
Better Patient Experiences are Made Here
Funding required: $100 million
A leading hospital like the JGH must look and act the part. People choose to come to the JGH knowing they will receive the best care. We must ensure our outstanding clinicians have the right tools and our patients have the right environment to heal.
Through the campaign, donors (in partnership with the government) can contribute to the refurbishment of the JGH’s legacy buildings with a focus on bringing patient rooms up to the exceptional standards set by medical professionals.
Given the complexity of refurbishing space while maintaining a fully functioning hospital, this project will span seven years.
- Completely transform all patient floors in our legacy buildings, with the goal of having mainly single patient rooms, designed for maximum efficiency, privacy, ventilation, and infection control
- Renovate the Radiology Department and the Nuclear Medicine Department
- Build a new pharmacy
- Replace all major radiology instruments (CT, Angio, DR) with state-of-the-art equipment
Decades of coming advancements will be made here
Funding required: $75 million
As part of the campaign, we must ensure that the JGH has the support and funds to respond to new ideas and challenges, to capitalize on our innovative culture, and to continue to lead on behalf of all Quebecers and Canadians.
The JGH will raise funds and build its endowment to propel promising ideas and address the emerging priorities of the Hospital.
Give today to make more tomorrows.
At the JGH, we are powering a spectacular new age in healthcare.
By giving, you can be part of the transformation.