Who We Are
About the Jewish General Hospital Foundation
Using 4-armed robots to save lives
Fighting disease at the molecular level
Training nano-robots to swim in bloodstreams
Computing millions of worldwide data sets
Using small gestures to make someone feel better
YOU HAVE THAT POWER
The power to work wonders
The power to put a smile on someone’s face
The power to bring hope and healing
The power to save lives
Thanks to you—the JGH delivers awe-inspiring medical breakthroughs and keeps pushing forward, improving lives & patient care.
Here in Quebec, and around the world.
We are the Jewish General Hospital Foundation
Our mission is to advance health care and medical research for the people of Quebec by supporting Montreal’s Jewish General Hospital, a tertiary-care, McGill University teaching hospital.
The Foundation provides essential assistance to the hospital to enhance its extraordinary patient care, to further scientific discovery and to acquire the most recent and innovative medical equipment.
We partner with inspired members of the community to implement a wide variety of fundraising initiatives to achieve these ambitious goals.
About the Jewish General Hospital
The Jewish General Hospital—repeatedly ranked #1 hospital in Quebec (Newsweek, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022), is an acute and specialized care, McGill University teaching hospital that has been serving a diverse patient population—regardless of religion, language or ethnic background—since it was founded in 1934.
The hospital is home to: the highest number of births in the province with a specialization in high risk pregnancies and neonatal care; the busiest and most efficient Emergency Department; the Segal Cancer Centre—recognized internationally for its ground-breaking cancer treatment and research achievements; and the Lady Davis Institute, one of the largest and most influential research centres in Canada.
The JGH is the cornerstone institution of the regional health authority known as CIUSSS West-Central Montreal.
“A monument to that spirit of charity toward your fellow man.”
McGill Fully affiliated University teaching hospital
More about the JGH…
- Recognized as a Centre of Excellence in oncology (cancer), cardiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, obstetrics-gynecology, and thrombosis and anticoagulation
- Designated by the government as a provincial centre for high-risk obstetrical and neonatal care, treating one of every seven low-birth weight babies born in Quebec, and consistently maintaining the highest survival rate for high-risk newborns in the province
- Designated by the Quebec government as a Breast Referral and Investigation Centre (CRID), owing to the large number of women referred from across Quebec and other Canadian provinces for breast cancer detection
- Designated by the government as a secondary stroke treatment centre, offering rapid care of the highest quality.
- At the Canadian forefront in the field of robot-assisted surgery, with the most surgeons performing the greatest number of operations in the widest range of medical specialties anywhere in the country
- Home to the Lady Davis Institute, which is considered one of Canada’s major biomedical research institutions and has earned international recognition in fields such as AIDS, aging, cancer, heart and lung diseases, genetics, epidemiology and public health
- Home to the Segal Cancer Centre, Quebec’s largest comprehensive facility for cancer treatment and research and the first institution in North America to be accredited as a Designated Center of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO). The Centre is at the forefront of the development of personalized medicine in Canada, which aims to ensure that patients receive therapies that are tailored to their particular DNA. The Centre is also a national leader in immunotherapy, which seeks to harness the patient’s own immune system to fight cancer
For more information, please visit the Jewish General Hospital website.